nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
AmeriCorps Funding Opportunity Information

0americorps.jpg AmeriCorps engages more than 80,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country. Its programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for young people entering the workforce. Use the links at right to explore other Americorps programs.

AmeriCorps involves people of all ages and backgrounds in helping communities address critical needs in:
  • Education
  • Clean Energy and Environment
  • Healthy Futures
  • Veterans
  • Economic Opportunity
  • Disaster Services
 


AmeriCorps Grants

AmeriCorps grants provide assistance to programs to recruit, train, and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of education, disaster services, health, environmental stewardship, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military families. Grant applicants design service activities for a team of members serving full- or part-time for one year or during the summer.

Eligible Grant Applicants
Public or private nonprofit organizations, including labor organizations; faith-based and other community organizations; institutions of higher education; government entities within states or territories (e.g., cities, counties); Indian Tribes; or a partnership or consortia consisting of the previously mentioned are eligible to apply. There is a minimum overall grantee match of 24 percent. Starting with the fourth year of funding, the overall match increases to 26 percent. The match increases to 50 percent by the tenth year of funding and any year following.

Participant Incentives
In addition to the experience they receive and the knowledge that they have made a difference, AmeriCorps volunteers may also be eligible to receive a living allowance, health insurance, child care, and an education award based upon the successful completion of a service term. Education awards can be used to repay school loans or tuition. Read more about education awards at segal-americorps-education-award

 
Current North Dakota AmeriCorps State and National Programs
File Size: 279 kb

Grant Application Information and Guidance for Organizations Interested in Applying / Competing for Formula Funds Administered by the North Dakota State Commission on National and Community Service

2017-18 Notice of Funding Opportunity -- AmeriCorps State and National Programs
link off site

2017-18 AmeriCorps State & National Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
link off site

2017-18 Legal Notice (AmeriCorps Formula Funds Competition)
File Size: 7 kb

2017-18 Formula Fund Notice of Intent to Apply
File Size: 31 kb

2017-18 AmeriCorps State Formula Fund Application Instructions
File Size: 1666 kb

Financial Management Survey 2017-18
File Size: 679 kb

Schedule Of Federal Funds Award Form
File Size: 35 kb

2017-18 AmeriCorps State Scoring Form
File Size: 386 kb


Grant Application Information and Guidance for Organizations Planning to Operate Only Within the State of North Dakota and Interested In Directly Applying / Competing for National Funds from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS)
 

2017-18 Notice of Funding Opportunity -- AmeriCorps State and National Programs
link off site

2017-18 AmeriCorps State & National Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
link off site

2017-18 AmeriCorps State and National Competitive Grant Program (General Information)
link off site

2017-18 Application Instructions for AmeriCorps State and National Competitive Grant Programs
link off site


Grant Application Information and Guidance for Organizations Planning to Operate in Multiple States. These Organizations Must Apply / Compete Nationally for Direct Funds from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS)

2017-18 Notice of Funding Opportunity -- AmeriCorps State and National Programs
link off site

2017-18 AmeriCorps State & National Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
link off site

2017-18 AmeriCorps State and National Competitive Grant Program (General Information)
link off site

2017-18 Application Instructions for AmeriCorps State and National Competitive Grant Programs
link off site


Contact Information:

Ryan Volk
701-328-6048
rdvolk@nd.gov

Steve Schanandore
701-328-7280
sschanandore@nd.gov

Accessibility Contact Information:   
Applicants can request a printed copy of the AmeriCorps Formula Fund Application Package by emailing or calling either of the contacts listed above. The TTY number is 800-366-6888 and the Relay ND Voice number is 800-366-6889.  

 




 
10-Reasons 	We Have a Strong Future Ahead