The North Dakota State Commission on National & Community Service provides opportunities for North Dakotans to engage in service that addresses the state's and nation's educational, public safety, environmental, and other human needs. The Commission seeks to foster civic responsibility, strengthen the ties that bind us together as a people, and provide educational opportunity for those who make a substantial commitment to service. Aligned with the Corporation for National and Community Service's many initiatives, the North Dakota State Commission has also strategically combined Faith-Based and Community efforts in its commission membership and focus.
The focus of the commission includes:
Corporation for National and Community Service Resources for Faith-Based Organizations:
- Development of a three-year comprehensive national and community service plan.
- Administration and monitoring of the AmeriCorps State formula grant program.
- Provide technical assistance to local nonprofit and faith-based organizations and other entities in planning programs, applying for funds, implementing and operating high-quality programs, with the purpose of expanding roles and increasing capacity.
- Program development assistance and training.
- Aid AmeriCorps programs in the recruitment and placement of AmeriCorps members.
- Coordinate activities with other state agencies and volunteer service programs.
- Coordinate awareness and educational activities designed to aid nonprofits and faith-based organizations in acquiring volunteer and financial resources.
- Develop, lead and coordinate the state's policy agenda affecting faith-based and community service programs and initiatives.