This year's conference is all about the numbers: 2.5 days, 3 keynote presentations, 4 offsite business tour locations, 54 concurrent sessions, and 15.25 SHRM credits with pending HRCI credits. Whether you are attending for learning, networking, or acquiring available resources for you/your companies to use, there are many opportunities to add tools to your arsenal to assist in tackling workforce issues currently facing the state of North Dakota. Last year's attendance was at an all-time high of 630 people - making it the place to be for those that are interested in workforce/HR.
Pre-registration will open June 25th. This year's confere
Walk-in rate is $325.
What's New this Year...
We've taken the conference to a new level:
- Offering 54 concurrent sessions - This is the largest agenda to date.
- Business tours - Get inside 4 local businesses to see how they are impacting workforce. Shuttle buses will take attendees who have reserved their space. Each tour is limited to 50 people.
- Exhibitor Smart Stage - Interact with exhibitors who will cover specific topics in 20 minute segments. This stage is located in the Exhibitor Showcase.
- New Track: Association for Talent Development (ATD) Track - Due to the success of the legal and recruiting tracks, we've partnered with the North Dakota Chapter of the Association for Talent Development to create an ATD Track. There are 6 sessions in that track where the focus is on training and developing .
- Working Roundtable on Out of State Recruiting - Attracting talent continues to be a struggle for ND businesses, collaborate with peers on successes and failures you've had in this realm. This concurrent session will be limited to 50 active participants.
- Updated App - With an 85% download rate, we've decided to take our app to the next level.
- Photographer - Take the opportunity to update your professional image with a new headshot.
- Experiences - Conferences aren't just about educational lectures – this year you’ll be able to interact with other attendees beyond just conversation. You'll be surprised at what we've come up with this year.
If you are interested in attending a business tour, reserve your spot by picking up tickets at the registration desk/SHRM Concierge. Space is limited to 50 seats per tour. Buses will leave promptly at the start of a breakout session and return as to not interfere with other concurrent sessions. For full descriptions of the tours, check out the agenda.
Need To Convince Your Leadership Team?
Yes, we have a concurrent session on selling your ideas upstream, but we need to get you to the Conference first. No problem, we have you covered.
1. Learn from the experts. Our speakers are proven business leaders, strategists, and practitioners. Many are current HR professionals, while others are well-respected industry leaders who are prepared to present what you need to know. You'll get a solid mix of legal knowledge, tried-and-true HR fundamentals, and insights into innovative new practices that can help you change how your organization does business.
2. Stay current in a dynamic field. No matter how long you've been in HR or what position you hold at your company, we can always learn and grow as professionals. Trends, new strategies, and innovations in HR happen all the time; to stay up-to-date you need an educational opportunity that provides you with the full range of HR knowledge.
3. Recertification. Your attendance earns you credits toward maintaining your valuable certification(s) – this year’s conference will provide recertification credits for both SHRM (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) and HRCI (PHR, SPHR, etc.) certifications.
4. Meet new vendors and suppliers. Our exhibitors are industry experts and solution-providers who truly understand what is happening in the world of HR and business. During our exhibitor showcase, you will discover the innovative products and services needed for your organization to remain competitive in today’s business world.
5. Network with your peers. Our annual conference is a lot of learning packed into a short amount of time but you’ll also have opportunities to relax and get to know your peers. Use this time to build your professional network, an activity that will provide benefits that extend well beyond the close of the conference.
6. They may be able to come, too. Governor Burgum is hosting an invitational C-suite Track Session. You can nominate a member of your leadership team to be invited to attend.
Bismarck Event Center
315 S 5th St
Bismarck ND 58504
Parking is permitted in lot C and D. Parking in lot B may cost $5.
Nursing mothers - there will be a room available for your use. The door will be unlocked and can be accessed at free will. There is a doorknob sign that should be placed outside the room when in use and left unlocked when finished.
For accommodations, room blocks are established with four nearby hotels.
Let's talk about the APP
While the app isn't new to our conference, we do have a new app platform this year. As before, the app gives the entire agenda with session descriptions and available presentations, links to sponsors, exhibitor information, maps, and certification information.
Schedule - Build your own schedule to guide your conference experience.
Speakers and Exhibitors - These two groups are the big reasons why you attend. They are being given access to their own pages to load up any information that you'll need.
Session Evals - out with the old paper versions - time to embrace the technology versions! You'll be able to take time to quickly rate speakers, provide feedback, or request contact for follow up information.
After registering, downloading information will be sent to all attendee email addresses.
The conference program is organized into dynamic conference tracks designed to help you focus on the challenges that are most important to you.
LEGAL TRACK – The Legal Track will be available for those seeking specific topics such as discrimination, lawsuits, new administration policy, and other employment law. Education sessions will be led by lawyers and professionals who are available to answer those challenging legal questions.
RECRUITING TRACK – Workforce attraction is a hot topic across the state and this track connects you with recruitment strategies that help fill your positions. Presenters will have insight on building creative approaches and best practices to apply directly to your recruitment or retention processes.
ASSOCIATION FOR TALENT DEVELOPMENT (ATD) TRACK – This track focuses on topics related to the continuous development of people and their performance within organizations. It is presented in partnership with the North Dakota Chapter of the Association for Talent Development.
Fifty percent refunded if cancellation received before September 1, 2018. Limited refunds will be reimbursed on or after September 1, 2018. Cancellations must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirmation of cancellation will be sent. Limited refunds will be determined by NDSHRM and Commerce reps for extenuating circumstances. Substitutions are available – provide advanced notice for ease at registration.
WFHR19: Next Year’s Conference
September 17 - 19, 2019
1200 S 42nd St
Grand Forks ND 58201